[xep-support] XML catalogs in XEP

DESEYNE Jacques Jacques.DESEYNE at swift.com
Tue Aug 30 02:33:53 PDT 2005

Marc,

You could use the classes from the Apache xml-commons project, including code from Norman Walsh. This is where the Sun utilities have
gone to (after their Project X parser ("Crimson") was moved to the Apache project, I presume).

Take a look at http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/resolver-article.html and at http://xml.apache.org/commons from where
you can select a suitable mirror for downloading the distribution. Look for xml-commons-resolver-1.1 or higher.

The "org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver" class implements both EntityResolver and URIResolver. As RenderX expects a
no-argument constructor, you'll have to set appropriate system properties to specify (among other things) the catalogs that you want
to use.

A bit less straightforward than a "--nonet" or similar switch, I'm sorry.

Hoping this helps,
--
Jacques DESEYNE
System Engineer

SWIFT s.c.
Messaging services to 7800 financial institutions in more than 200 countries

Avenue Adele 1
B-1310 La Hulpe

Please visit www.swift.com for more information on SWIFT.