[xep-support] XML catalogs in XEP

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Aug 30 02:34:07 PDT 2005

Hello Marc,

You are right, the link to Sun website is outdated (we should fix the
documentation). Sun has donated whole XML catalogs resolver stuff to
Apache project. Its new home is the xml-commons tools. It can be
downloaded from Apache website:

xml-commons distribution (http://xml.apache.org/commons/)
downloadable from http://apache.gdi-tech.com/xml/commons/

This resolver.jar has new paths, specifically you need to use:

-Dcom.renderx.sax.entityresolver=org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver
-Dcom.renderx.jaxp.uriresolver=org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.CatalogResolver

Please find attached modified version of xep.bat along with sample
CatalogManager.properties and catalog.xml files which map references
to SVG DTDs to the local files. Both CatalogManager.properties and
catalog.xml as well as resolver.jar and SVG DTDs are supposed to be
placed into 'lib' subdirectory of XEP installation (actually DTD files
expected in 'lib/common/dtd/'). Please modify all paths to match your
system configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com