[xep-support] Java memory settings - to fix "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Wed Apr 20 01:54:42 PDT 2005

Hello Peter,

You have to add -Xmx parameter into c:\xep\xep.bat file. Based on the
configuration you mention I think setting maximum Java heap size to
something about 420Mb will be reasonable. If you look inside of
xep.bat you will see something like:

  "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\java" -classpath "%CP%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver ....

you just have to add -Xmx420M after Java call like this:

  "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\java" -Xmx420M -classpath "%CP%" com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver ....

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX