[xep-support] Differences between version 3.7.1 and 3.8.1

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Tue Sep 7 13:33:05 PDT 2004

Peter,

>      <fo:block xsl:use-attribute-sets="marginalia" width="17mm">

This is a known issue: fo:block cannot take 'width' attribute, but until recently,
it did. We fixed this in XEP 3.8.1, bringing the respective part into agreement
with the spec: 'width' is now ignored on the blocks. You have to use
fo:block-container element in this context instea of fo:block.

> Furthermore 3.7.1 has default behaviour: validate=true and
> DISCARD_IF_NOT_VALID=false

This was actually a bug in XEP 3.7.1: it treated all validity errors as warnings.
For this reason, DISCARD_IF_NOT_VALID never applied: there was not
a single validation error, just warnings :-). The issue was fixed in XEP 3.7.2.

> and 3.8.1 has  default behaviour: validate=true and
> DISCARD_IF_NOT_VALID=true

This is how it should be by design, and by the documentation.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev