[xep-support] MathML support

David Tolpin dvd at davidashen.net
Mon Oct 11 01:06:00 PDT 2004

Joern Clausen:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 08:14:10AM +0100, Steve Lloyd wrote:
> > So, I'm afraid you won't find a print MathML/XSL-FO solution from any
> > manufacturer at present.
>
> I know it is probably a bad habit to point to a competing product on a
> mailing list provided by a company, but the former statement is not
> true. PassiveTeX by Sebastian Rahtz is a (La)TeX based XSL-FO engine
> that supports MathML natively. It has its drawbacks compared to XEP in
> a lot of other aspects, but MathML is handled rather naturaly.

It is a good habit.

It works in PassiveTeX  because MathML rendering is
natively supported by underlying formatting engine of PassiveTeX;
TeX is great.

For us, it means that we must make a MathML formatter (probably
through SVG, but it still remains largely the same). This is
among things we are going to do.

David Tolpin
CTO