[xep-support] Cyberbit font and XEP_384 incompatible (was: Error: missing XSLDriver)

Nick Hunt nick at magmouse.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 01:00:04 PDT 2004

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the response. I tracked it down to a second (out of date)
shellscript in another bin directory that was being called instead of
the one I _thought_ was being called. Fixed now.

However, I am now getting an error:

[error] java.io.EOFException

This is an incompatibility between the font Cyberbit.ttf and XEP_384.
That is, if I use XEP_374, then all is well. If I use a different font
(by pointing my font definition in fonts.xml to a different font file),
then all is well too.

Any thoughts on a work-round for this, other than not using Cyberbit?
If I have to change fonts, can you suggest a source for an open-source
Unicode Japanese font?

Best wishes,

Nick.

On 5 Oct 2004, at 9:57 am, Alexander Peshkov wrote:

> Hello Nick,
>
> This error means that Java cannot find XEP Jar in the classpath. Most
> probably this happens because something went wrong with XEP upgrade.
> For example, there is a new XEP jar (xep384_***.jar) in place, but you
> still running xep.bat from the older XEP version (it has a name of the
> jar hardwired inside). I suggest you to remove older XEP jar from
> 'lib' sub-directory of XEP installation and make sure that classpath
> parameter in xep.bat contains reference to the new XEP jar.
> As alternative you may remove XEP and install newer XEP version from
> the scratch.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Peshkov
> mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
> RenderX
>

> NH> Hi,
>
> NH> My XEP installation which used to work now gives an error:
>
> NH>         Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> NH> com/renderx/xep/XSLDriver
>
> NH> This is after upgrading the Java VM to 1.4.2, and XEP to 3.8.4
> NH> (client), all running on Mac OS X 10.3.5.
>
> NH> Any thoughts on what the problem might be?
>
> NH> Many thanks,
>
> NH> Nick.

> xep-support'
> NH> in the body of the message to majordomo at renderx.com from the
> address
> NH> you are subscribed from.
> NH> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of
> Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html
>

> С уважением,
>  Александр                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com

> you are subscribed from.
> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of
> Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html
>
> --

Nick Hunt
nick at magmouse.co.uk