[xep-support] Error: missing XSLDriver

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Oct 5 01:57:30 PDT 2004

Hello Nick,

This error means that Java cannot find XEP Jar in the classpath. Most
probably this happens because something went wrong with XEP upgrade.
For example, there is a new XEP jar (xep384_***.jar) in place, but you
still running xep.bat from the older XEP version (it has a name of the
jar hardwired inside). I suggest you to remove older XEP jar from
'lib' sub-directory of XEP installation and make sure that classpath
parameter in xep.bat contains reference to the new XEP jar.
As alternative you may remove XEP and install newer XEP version from
the scratch.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX

NH> Hi,

NH> My XEP installation which used to work now gives an error:

NH>         Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
NH> com/renderx/xep/XSLDriver

NH> This is after upgrading the Java VM to 1.4.2, and XEP to 3.8.4
NH> (client), all running on Mac OS X 10.3.5.

NH> Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

NH> Many thanks,

NH> Nick.

NH> you are subscribed from.
NH> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html