Réf. : Re: [xep-support] XEP TEAM - How to disable weblogic console output of XEP data?

frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com
Fri Oct 1 07:30:56 PDT 2004

David Tolpin:

I don't want to disable Logging.  I want to disabled console printing.

I cannot pass an empty logger because I want to log in File with log4J.  So all method of the logger calls Desjardins File Logger.

So, How Can I use Logging without console output?

Regards,

Frédéric Ouellet

             David Tolpin <dvd at davidashen.net>
             Envoyé par : owner-xep-support at renderx.com
                                                                                                                                                                     Pour
                                                                             xep-support at renderx.com

                                                                                                                                                                    Objet
                               Veuillez répondre à                           Re: [xep-support] XEP TEAM - How to disable weblogic console output of XEP data?
                             xep-support at renderx.com

frederic.ouellet at desjardins.com:
> I must put an instance of your logger on the FOTransformer.  But your logger print a lot of thing in the weblogic console.  My company can generated more than 20000 PDF
> day.  Can I have the possibility to not print all these generation in the weblogic console?

Frederic,

you should have doc/samples/Logger/ in your documentation set.
The example (Runner.java in that directory) shows how to set
a custom logger for the transfomer. Setting a logger with
empty methods suppresses logging.

The interface also defines a constant for the null logger:
final static com.renderx.xep.lib.Logger NULL_LOGGER.  If
this constant is specified in the logger argument, logging is
disabled.

David