[xep-support] XEP performance issue

Hiral Parikh hparikh at amesondemand.com
Tue Nov 16 06:30:53 PST 2004

Hi,
We are preparing PDF documents from FO files using XEP 3.8.1, XEP Cocoon
Connector 1.2 and Cocoon 2.1.5.1.
Cocoon's JVM has been allocated around 2.1 GB of memory.

Following are the results of our testing:
Concurrent Users: 1
Time to process 400-pg book: ~4 minutes

Concurrent Users: 10
Time to process 400-pg book: Initially, the first book started with 4
minutes but then the processing time took longer and longer and the last
(165th) book took around 2 hours.

How many concurrent users does XEP support before its performance slows
down?
Is there any fine tuning we can do to improve this?

We are also planning to install XEP 4.0 but I am not sure if that will make
any major changes in  performance. Your early reply and help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiral Parikh

Hiral Parikh