[xep-support] XEP Genarating pdfs take long time with .Net interface.

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Fri May 21 02:32:46 PDT 2004

Hello Nav,

As Nikolai has admitted in his recent post: http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/2045.html
performance of XEP.Net is lower than of its Java counterpart, because
of .Net version is a port of Java one it's efficiency is lower.
As for the problems with COM wrapper - judging on the symptoms you
describe it's a typical memory leak. We believe that our COM
wrapper does not have such leaks itself (it was thoroughly tested in
this respect) thus I suppose that the source of the problem may be in
your code or it maybe a case of .Net-COM inter-operability issue. It
definitely looks like XEP COM wrapper instances are not released by .Net.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX