[xep-support] FO Newbie: How do I indent all text in a block?

Randolph Kahle randy.kahle at variantia.net
Mon Jan 26 10:29:00 PST 2004

I am writing a style sheet that builds FO for text and code listings.

I have the vertical (block on top of block) spacing working. I have
added a different background color for the code area.

However, I cannot figure out how to have the code block indented.

For example:

+----------------+
| Text is fine. It lines |
| up correctly.           |
+----------------+
     +------------+
     | code should    |
     | indent.            |

What happens is the code block is the same width as the text block.

I have tried adding a border, but that just pushed out to the left. I
tried padding-start, that pushed the starting point of the code to the
right, but that kept the block the same size (and therefore the
background color spanning the page).

What I need is to start the block a specific distance from the left.

How do I achieve an indented block?

Regards,

Randy