[xep-support] line-through with different fonts

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Mon Jan 26 01:43:53 PST 2004

Hello Louis,

LM> [LM] I have a corollary question. It seems that when I change font
LM> the thickness of the strikehrough sometimes changes (for, I
LM> believe, the same fontsize). Is this also a font variable ? A given
LM> glyph in the font ?

It is a special parameter of the font - UnderlineThickness. If you
take a peek in your AFM file you will easily find it. The same line
thickness used for overline and line-through also.
If you want to underline your text using the line of the same width
regardless of the font you can just wrap this text in the fo:inline
with border-bottom specified or with image of the line as a background
(SVG is the best choice in this case).

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com