[xep-support] How to force the beginning of a flow on an odd page?

Marc marc.liste at free.fr
Fri Jan 16 02:16:10 PST 2004

Hello
I try to begin a new page-sequence on odd page, then sometimes it needs to introduce a blank page.
I think it's a really classical problem, but I don't find the solution to avoid the header (static-content) of the even page..
I introduce an empty block with the break-before attribute at the beginning of the flow that I want to begin on an odd page.
------<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
---------<fo:block break-before="odd-page"></fo:block>
and in the page-sequence-master I introduce the blank concept
----------------------
				<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="page-normale">
						<fo:conditional-page-master-reference
							master-reference="page-blanche"
							blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
						<fo:conditional-page-master-reference
							master-reference="page-paire"
							blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
							odd-or-even="odd"/>
						<fo:conditional-page-master-reference
							master-reference="page-impaire"
							blank-or-not-blank="not-blank"
							odd-or-even="even"/>
				</fo:page-sequence-master>
the odd and even page have static-content to define header.
A the end in the result, I have a blank page, but with the odd header.

I read and reread the specification to find why, but I don't understand.
Does anyone has an example?
Thanks
Marc