[xep-support] Type 1 fonts

Ryan Graham Ryan.Graham at apollogrp.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:22:09 PST 2004

Hi,

XEP's documentation mentions .afm Type 1 fonts.  Is there a proper way to
use .pfm/.pfb type 1 fonts and embed them?  My declaration in fonts.xml is
below:

embed="true">
	<alias name="NewBrunswick"/>

I get an error telling me that a proper .ttf or .pfb outline file is needed
in order to embed the font.

I tried:

pfa="C:\WINNT\Fonts\BRUNSWIN.pfb" embed="true">		<alias
name="NewBrunswick"/>

But the process just hung.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I am using XEP 3.6.2.

Thank you!

Ryan Graham