[xep-support] Problems printing PDF

Anders Svensson anders.svensson at animech.com
Mon Jan 12 05:25:06 PST 2004

Hi,

we're having problems with pdf's generated from XEP.

1. When printing to a regular printer from Acrobat (usually Acrobat 5 or
lower), the printout shows only miniatures of the page, about 3 x 5
cm... The problem doesn't seem to be occurring in Acrobat 6, but we
can't count on our customers to have the latest version.

2. The print shop is complaining not only about the above problem, but
also that the files won't go through the RIP properly.

There is no problem when we generate postscript and then use distiller
to create the pdf, but it is a bit less convenient...

Best,

Anders