[xep-support] Repeating table headers/3.7

Wood, Ronald rwood at CCBN.com
Thu Jan 8 07:27:47 PST 2004

Thank you!

BTW, we greatly appreciate that repeating headers have now been implemented
as we are just getting into a project phase that is heavy on tables.

As an adjunct issue, I noticed that currently table layout is fixed (listed
in the non-compliance section of your documentation). After some
experimentation it would appear that this means that table width is equally
distributed between all columns that do not have explicit widths. Is this
correct?

Do you have any idea when you might implement table-layout="auto"? From the
spec this seems to imply implementing some sort of table layout optimization
algorithm, but no specific one is mandated.

-Ronald S. Wood.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikolai Grigoriev [mailto:grig at renderx.com]
Sent: Thursday, 08 January, 2004 07:20
To: xep-support at renderx.com
Cc: Wood, Ronald
Subject: Re: [xep-support] Repeating table headers/3.7

Ronald,

> when an initial table header would push the first body row to the next
> page, instead of starting on the next page XEP writes out the first
> body row with NO headers.

This is indeed a bug in the headers implementation that wasn't covered by
our tests. We spotted the place where it happens; the fix is easy, so I
expect the updated version (XEP 3.7.1) will be available within 48 hours.

Thank you very much for finding this out. Your feedback is very valuable for
us.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX