[xep-support] docbook-fo stylesheets library?

Dawid Weiss Dawid.Weiss at cs.put.poznan.pl
Wed Sep 10 11:58:14 PDT 2003

Thanks  Jeff  -  I  looked  at the projects you mentioned. They indeed
provide  simple  customizations  over  the default set of stylesheets.
Don't  get  me wrong - I think the default stylesheets look o.k., just
like  LaTeX's  stylesheets  are hard to beat. I was simply looking for
variety...  I  mean  -  docbook  is  a  set  of  tags  that  at  least
theoretically should be easy to customize into whatever people can
think of, right? In reality all the processed documents I see look
pretty much the same (a slightly different flavor of the default
stylesheet). We tried to put together a totally different set of
stylesheets using hard-coded customization in the default docbook
stylesheets. The result was visually appealing (at least to some), but
FAR from exhausing the full set of Docbook elements. The conclusion
being: it is extremely difficult to do something that would differ
from the default set of stylesheets.

You can see our version of processed customized docbook at:

http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/dweiss/carrot/site/publications/osinski-2003-lingo.pdf
(it is a large file - over 4.5MB).

Dawid