[xep-support] XEP and SVG

Stefan Bylund steby at enea.se
Thu Oct 23 01:22:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

We are considering switching from FOP to XEP in our DocBook XML tool chain. I am
very pleased to see that XEP generally does a much better formatting than FOP.
However, we use SVG images extensively (created by Corel DRAW 11) and they work
fine with FOP but not with XEP :(

I have attached a typical SVG image that is rendered perfectly with FOP but not
at all with XEP when creating a PDF. I would be very grateful if someone could
point out what XEP can't handle in this SVG image. I have a feeling that it may
have something to do with the length/width and viewBox attributes...

I really would like to switch to XEP but we must be able to render non-trivial
SVG images in order to do this.

OS: Solaris 8
JVM: J2SE 1.4.1_02
XEP: XEP 3.6.2