[xep-support] Null Pointer Exception

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Thu Oct 16 06:07:51 PDT 2003

MessageRob,

> I am in the process of evaluating your software. I have been trying
> (unsuccessfully) to embed XEP into my JBoss application.

The problem is due to incorrect class loader manipulations
in JBoss: java.lang.String used by your application and java.lang.String
used to load system properties are loaded by two different loaders,
and appear as different classes. It causes problems for applications
trying to enumerate system properties via java.util.Enumeration: you
cannot cast obtained values to java.lang.String because the types
don't match :-).

The problem has been already addressed in XEP 3.5.4. I suggest
upgrading XEP to the latest version.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev