[xep-support] Superscript/subscript and lineheight

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Wed Oct 15 03:32:21 PDT 2003

Ryan,

> Is there anyway to keep uniform spacing between lines when
> using superscripts and subscripts?  The space above the line
> with the superscript is always greater than the that of the rest
> of the lines in the paragraph.

Use line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts" attribute
on the fo:block. It is inheritable, so placing it on the fo:root
will effectively bring XEP's treatment of superscripts/subscripts
to FOP's.

> This doesn't happen with FOP

By the XSL spec [7.15.5], line-height-shift-adjustment defaults
to "consider-shifts". I am afraid FOP is not conformant here.

Regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev