[xep-support] PDF file propertiey "Created" not being set

Jim Melton jim.melton at acm.org
Wed Mar 19 16:26:02 PST 2003

When I render XSL FO into PDF, the resulting PDF file has the usual set of
properties that one can view by going (in Acrobat, on Windows, at least) to
the File menu and choosing Document Properties, then selecting Summary.

I have learned how to set some of these properties, such as the Title,
Subject, and Author.  The Creator and Producer fields are hard-coded to
XEP-related information, which is fine.

However, the Created field seems to always be garbage, while the Modified
date seems to contain the date that the PDF was created.

Am I doing anything wrong to cause this, or is this a minor problem with
XEP that might be fixed in some upcoming release?

Thanks!
    Jim
Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
Oracle Corporation            Oracle Email: mailto:jim.melton at oracle.com
1930 Viscounti Drive          Standards email: mailto:jim.melton at acm.org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063              Personal email: mailto:jim at melton.name
USA                                                Fax : +1.801.942.3345