[xep-support] Avoiding multiple image copies in PS

Kenneth J. Hughes kjh at entel.com
Tue Mar 11 13:31:41 PST 2003

I have a project for which this optimization would help as well.

Would it apply to PDF output too?

A similar "problem" that I've encountered are fairly involved,
identical flow objects that appear on every page.  For extra credit
;-), make it so that such repeated objects in the output could be
defined once and called everywhere needed so as to reduce output size
greatly.  (I'm all ears if there's already a good way to achieve this
sort of output-based definition/use factoring.)

Cheers,

Ken