[xep-support] No border lines are rendered in table-header and table-footer and table-column

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Tue Jul 29 06:00:28 PDT 2003

Hello Irmen,

This is definitely in our 'TODO' list but unfortunately I can't give
you any time-line yet.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX

idjen> Thanks Alexander for your reply and suggestion.
idjen> However, we are very interested to know when the
idjen> border-collapse="collapse" might
idjen> be implemented in XEP?  (-- this might influence our purchase decision.)

idjen> Especially since AFAIK border-collapse="collapse" is the default border
idjen> mode in XSL-FO.

idjen> -------------
idjen> Irmen de Jong
idjen> Everest b.v.

idjen> Alexander Peshkov <peshkov at renderx.com>
idjen> Sent by: owner-xep-support at renderx.com
idjen> 07/29/2003 01:05 PM
idjen> Please respond to xep-support

idjen>         To:     "i.de.jong at everest.nl" <xep-support at renderx.com>
idjen>         cc:
idjen>         Subject:        Re: [xep-support] No border lines are rendered  in table-header and
idjen> table-footer and table-column

idjen> Hello Irmen,

idjen> As I already mentioned before, borders for table-header, table-footer and
idjen> table-rows works only in border-collapse='collapse' mode. So the behavior
idjen> you are expecting will be available in XEP when it implements such a mode.
idjen> Drawing those borders in border-collapse='separate' mode (currently
idjen> used by XEP) is contradictory to XSL FO spec.

idjen> In your particular case if you don't want to place borders on every
idjen> cell in a table header, you can create two additional rows above and
idjen> below actual header and place in every such row one table-cell that
idjen> spans all columns. Those cells will carry necessary border attributes
idjen> and thus you will have desired visual effect.

idjen> Best regards,
idjen> Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
idjen> RenderX

idjen> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
idjen> in the body of the message to majordomo at renderx.com from the address
idjen> you are subscribed from.
idjen> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html