[xep-support] 1) Option compatible mode 2) table-header

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Mon Jul 28 05:57:01 PDT 2003

Hello Els,

EvT> Dear RenderX. I have 2 questions:

EvT> 1) When using a particular installation of XEP, this can be set in the main
EvT> XEP configuration file (Default: ~/etc/xep.xml), e.g.:
EvT>  <option name="XEP2_COMPATIBLE_MODE" value="true"/>
EvT> Is this also possible for update versions, such as 322? How? I've tried 322
EvT> and 3.22 but this is not allowed.

Could you please describe a problem with versions deferences in more
details? There is no option 'XEP322_COMPATIBLE_MODE', but there is
a 'PAGEWIDE_FOOTNOTE' parameter in case discrepancies caused by footnotes
behavior. I need additional information about your problem to suggest
something useful.

EvT> 2) Previous version of XEP (I believe 2.78) showed top and bottom lines of
EvT> table-header; this is the relevant bit of the stylesheet for it:
EvT>   <fo:table-header
EvT>               border-top-width="0.4pt"
EvT>               border-top-style="solid"
EvT>               padding-top="3pt"
EvT>               border-bottom-width="0.4pt"
EvT>               border-bottom-style="solid"
EvT>               padding-bottom="4pt">
EvT> I do not see any lines with the current version I am using; is the fo
EvT> incorrect or is this a XEP bug? (The Antenna House formatter does show the
EvT> lines.)

Border on fo:table-header makes sense only then table created with
border-collapse='collapse', but XEP implements border-collapse='separate'
mode only. Difference between XEP 2.78 and XEP 3.5 appears only
because new XEP version follows XSL FO specification more strictly.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX