[xep-support] EPS Images

Adam Rogoyski rogoyski at math.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:01:58 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 Jooyong_Lee at omb.eop.gov wrote:

> I understand that EPS images are only supported in Postcript generator and that
> in the PDF generation module, they are replaced by bitmap preview images if
> available.  Is there any way to get around this limitation?  We are trying to
> generate high-quality EPS embedded PDF documents using XEP.  Will there be a
> future version of XEP that will include support for EPS images in the PDF
> generation module?

   You can use pdf image files as images.  I was able to get good results
using ghostscript to do the eps -> pdf conversion, though had problems
with it putting the image at the bottom of the page.  At first I thought
it didn't work, but I was using the image in a header which was not large
enough.

   Adam Rogoyski