[xep-support] Unicode / TrueType fonts / RTL

Lorna_Priest at sil.org Lorna_Priest at sil.org
Mon Jul 14 11:31:16 PDT 2003

I've just downloaded XEP. I wanted to do something in Hebrew
(Right-to-left) and I have a file in Unicode (UTF-8) and using TrueType
fonts. I added my font to fonts.xml and it creates a pdf, but when I try to
open the file I get the following message:

document (110).

I tried it without adding my font to fonts.xml and it created a pdf using
Helvetica and every character that happened to be in the Helvetica font,
showed up, otherwise a blank page. But it opened in Acrobat Reader.

I tried saving the font as Type 1, updated fonts.xml and have the same
message from Acrobat Reader.

I tried another file using Syriac (also right-to-left script) and got the
same message.

Any ideas?

So does XEP support Unicode TrueType fonts?

Does XEP support RTL scripts?

Lorna
Lorna Priest

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7534
email: <lorna_priest at sil.org>