[xep-support] evem line height with superscript (was:1. unicode characters (eg arrow up) 2. line-height)

Tobias Reif tobiasreif at pinkjuice.com
Wed Jan 22 03:27:24 PST 2003

Nikolai

>>line-height-shift-adjustment seems to do what it should
>>(though I have the impression that now there's a more
>>space *below* the line),
>>
> It should be *between* the lines :-).

I don't understand; there are now three lines involved, not two. My
issue is the too large space (margin) above lines with footnote marks,
and line-height-shift-adjustment seemed to introduce a new issue namely
too large space (margin) below these lines.

Anyways, I guess there was no real misunderstanding :)

>>but the superscript text now nearly touches the above line.
>>I'd rather have a way to lower the location of the superscript
>>text. Is there any?
>>
> You move things vertically by baseline-shift property.
> Besides two predefined (and application-dependent)
> values, "sub" and "super", you can specify the exact
> length:
>
> ... H<fo:inline font-size="80%"
>          baseline-shift="0.33em">2</fo:inline>O
>
> Positive values move the text up, negative ones pull
> it down. It is convenient to express shift values in ems,
> so that they scale proportionally to the font size.

Thanks, I'll see how I can set that in my driver ..

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/