[xep-support] evem line height with superscript (was:1. unicode characters (eg arrow up) 2. line-height)

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Wed Jan 22 02:42:15 PST 2003

Tobi,

> line-height-shift-adjustment seems to do what it should
> (though I have the impression that now there's a more
> space *below* the line),

It should be *between* the lines :-).

> but the superscript text now nearly touches the above line.
> I'd rather have a way to lower the location of the superscript
> text. Is there any?

You move things vertically by baseline-shift property.
Besides two predefined (and application-dependent)
values, "sub" and "super", you can specify the exact
length:

... H<fo:inline font-size="80%"
         baseline-shift="0.33em">2</fo:inline>O

Positive values move the text up, negative ones pull
it down. It is convenient to express shift values in ems,
so that they scale proportionally to the font size.

Regards,
Nikolai