[xep-support] Problems using font expert set

Geurt Lagemaat Lagemaat at oriana-automatisering.com
Fri Jan 3 09:13:21 PST 2003

[This time with the correct subjectheader...]

Dear XEP users and developers,

I'm trying to use small caps in my stylesheet by using a font expert
set. In my case I have a Baskerville font expert set (BskvillExpMT) that
contains small caps letters. I changed the fonts.xml file with:

         afm="BAY_____.AFM"
         pfb="BAY_____.PFB"
         embed="true">
      <alias name="Baskerville-SC"/>

My stylesheet has a match for a smallcaps elements: <xsl:template
match="smallcaps" mode="article">
  <fo:inline font-family="Baskerville-SC">
    <xsl:apply-templates mode="article"/>
  </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

I'm using XEP 3.13 to generate a PDF-file. The resulting PDF-file
displays only white space or strange dots where I expect small caps
letters. Does anyone have the same experience or have a idea how I can
solve this problem? Does someone know if a font expert set requires
something special?

Yours,

Geurt Lagemaat
Oriana Automatisering