[xep-support] Catalog support in saxon

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Fri Feb 28 05:30:11 PST 2003

Bernd Kuemmerlen wrote:
> In xsltproc, this is very easy because there is an option which tells it
> to consult the SGML_CATALOG_FILES variable.

If you want to use SGML catalogs with Saxon, you can. I packaged support
for them for Saxon while ago:

http://www.kosek.cz/xml/saxon/

> - Could anybody shed more light on what is mentioned in
> <http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/0067.html>, i.e. the
> replacement of the entity resolver with Norman Walsh's resolver. Has
> anybody done this yet and would be willing to share it?

I didn't change Saxon which is used by XEP, but setup for standalone
Saxon is easy. Maybe consulting instructions for vanilla Saxon will help
you:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/Catalogs.html#UsingCatalogsSaxon

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek