[xep-support] Catalog support in saxon

Bernd Kuemmerlen bkuemmer at gmx.net
Fri Feb 28 04:53:14 PST 2003

Hello,

this question might be slightly unrelated, but maybe not.

Currently, I am using xsltproc to generate the FO which is then
processed by XEP. Now I wanted to try the included SAXON to get rid of
this additional processing step (well, really to hide it) and to be able
to use the extensions to the DocBook xsl stylesheets, but since I am
behind a firewall, SAX is not able to resolve the DTDs of my documents.
Therefore I would like to use a catalog file.

In xsltproc, this is very easy because there is an option which tells it
to consult the SGML_CATALOG_FILES variable.

My questions are:
- Is it possible to tell Saxon to use an http-proxy, so that the
resolving would work?
- Could anybody shed more light on what is mentioned in
<http://xep.xattic.com/lists/xep-support/0067.html>, i.e. the
replacement of the entity resolver with Norman Walsh's resolver. Has
anybody done this yet and would be willing to share it?

Thank you very much for any help
	Bernd