[xep-support] Type1 -- accessing characters with code above 256

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Fri Feb 7 14:01:34 PST 2003

Hi,

I have Type1 font with about 370 characters. I'm not Type1 font expert,
but PFB file at its start defines encoding vector just for 256
characters in a form like:

dup 233 /eacute put

after that there are some binary data with glyph definitions. I need to
use characters which are not defined in encoding vector but are present
in the font (I can use them in TeX using several different TFM files
with different coverage).

I configured XEP to use this Type1 font, but I can access just
characters which are defined in an encoding vector. Is this is known
limitation of XEP, or is there any other problem?

I wanna to use characters like zcaron, which are defined in standard
Adobe glyph list as mentioned in documentation, so XEP should find these
glyphs in a font.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz