[xep-support] Hyphenation

Peter Drivas peter.drivas at gexinc.com
Thu Feb 6 06:48:42 PST 2003

Hi,

We've noticed in some of our documents that the hyphenation is not matching
what we would expect. For example. the word "organizations" is hyphenated as
"organ-izations". According to Websters Dictionary, the syllables are at
"or-ga-ni-za-tions". So, we would expect the break at "orga-nizations" or
"organi-zations". We've been careful to make sure we are only using the
english pattern matching (ukhyphen.tex). Is there some way we can override
the pattern matching that currently is implemented with our own patterns or
a dictionary with the actual syllable breaks? I vaguely seem to remember
that we could do this in a previous version of XEP.

Thanks,
Peter