[xep-support] Scalability?

Jeff Beal jeff.beal at ansys.com
Thu Feb 6 06:39:47 PST 2003

Just for the record, I'm building three books of over 1000 pages each (1300,
1500, and 1700 pages) using the PostScript backend.  The size of the
resulting PS file is as high as 167 MB.  XEP takes its time on these even
using -Xmx1000000000 (24, 31, and 22 minutes, respectively), but it does
seem to scale even to quite large and complex pieces of documentation.  One
of the books is very graphic intensive, another has a lot of tables and
graphics.  The third is mostly text, but still has a fair amount of
formatting variety.

Jeff Beal