[xep-support] Spanning a section within a 2 column-page

Els van Trigt evtrigt at ambrac.nl
Mon Feb 3 07:21:17 PST 2003

At the beginning of an index that is formatted on a two-column page, I wish
to span its title and some prefaratory text, which I thought I could do with
surrounding the first block with <fo:block span="all">. Where this block
ends, the double-column portion starts. The following .fo, however, does not
work in XEP. Any suggestions as to how enforce the span?

************fo example:**********

<fo:block span="all" text-align="left">Index</fo:block>
<fo:block font-family="Times New Roman" font-size="10pt" font-style="normal"
line-height="11pt" span="all" space-before="20pt" text-align="left">
    This text should span along the width of the page and not in the
two-column markup.
    </fo:block>
</fo:block>
<fo:block font-family="Times New Roman" font-size="10pt" font-style="normal"
space-before="8pt" space-after="0pt" text-align="left">Index item A starts
within the double column markup</fo:block>
</fo:block>

Thanks,

Els van Trigt

Ambrac Information Management