[xep-support] fo:inline-container

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Mon Dec 15 07:24:30 PST 2003

Hello Oliver,

No, floats can not span multiple pages and thus you have an overflow
(no content printed). Moreover inline-container won't help you either
- it's an inline element so I believe it can't be divided between pages.

I think you have hit the limitation of XSL FO 1.0 as a technology. You
have to refine your layout to make it possible to express it in terms
of XSL FO 1.0 or wait for the future versions of XSL FO in hope that
they will include some new constructs that will do the trick.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX