[xep-support] fo:inline-container

Alexander Peshkov peshkov at renderx.com
Mon Dec 15 06:20:04 PST 2003

Hello Oliver,

OK, now I can see the point. You can achieve desired effect using side
floats as shown in the following code snippet:
  <fo:block clear="both">And this is the normal text flow of this page.</fo:block>
  <fo:float float="inside">
    <fo:block-container width="100pt" margin="0pt" padding="10pt">
      <fo:block text-align="start">This is text. This is text. This is text. </fo:block>
    </fo:block-container>
  </fo:float>
  <fo:block clear="both">And this is the normal text flow of this page.</fo:block>
  <fo:float float="inside">
    <fo:block-container width="100pt" margin="0pt" padding="10pt">
      <fo:block text-align="start">This is more text. This is more text. This is more text. </fo:block>
    </fo:block-container>
  </fo:float>
  <fo:block clear="both">And this is the normal text flow of this page.</fo:block>

Note that 'inside' and 'outside' values of 'float' property are
Renderx extensions to XSL FO spec.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov                             mailto:peshkov at renderx.com
RenderX