[xep-support] fo:inline-container

Oliver Becker obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 15 05:42:25 PST 2003

Hi Alexander,

> We do not plan to support fo:inline-container in the next release.

what a pity.

> However your requirements are not quite clear to me. Why do you need
> fo:inline-container? Text can be aligned to the 'inner' side with
> use of simple fo:block. What do you mean by "blocks with different
> widths"?

Using one fo:block with text-align="inside" would produce this layout:

+---------------------+  +---------------------+
|  This is text. This |  | This is text. This  |
|    is text. This is |  | is text. This is    |
| text. This is text. |  | text. This is text. |
+---------------------+  +---------------------+

That means, the text flow will be aligned to the inner side.
I want a block whose inner text align is left (start), but the block itself
should be aligned inside:

+----- page width ----+  +---------------------+
|       This is more  |  | This is more        |
|       text. This is |  | text. This is       |
|       more text.    |  | more text.          |
|                     |  |                     |
| And this is the     |  |                     |
| normal text flow of |  |                     |
| this page.          |  |                     |

I hope you can see what I mean.

Thanks,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker at informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |