[xep-support] pdf page bleeds

Erik S. LaBianca erik at quonic.com
Wed Aug 20 13:36:27 PDT 2003

Nikolai,

Thanks for the quick response. As a test I created a file with some
bleeds in it in indesign and printed it to PDF, and in the PDF viewer
the page appeared to have been made larger as well. I wonder if it
actually the /BleedBox properly...

I think that just making the page size bigger will solve my problems.  I
also don't know if the printer will actually be looking for the bleedbox
or not. I'm afraid I'm a complete newbie when it comes to sending PDF's
to a printer.

Do you know off-hand of a preflight tool that can set the bleed box?

I, for one, would be interested in seeing a XEP extension to allow the
/BleedBox, etc. It seems like it would be a useful function for those of
us creating PDF's primarily for printed output. It would be pretty cool
if it could throw in registration too.