[xep-support] Problems with XEP Spy plug-in

Richard R. Liu richard-liu at tiscalinet.ch
Wed Jun 12 14:17:26 PDT 2002

Running XML Spy on a Windows 98 SE PC here at home.  Just installed the XEP
plug-in.  When I view an FO already in the XEP project and then click the
"to PDF" icon, the plug-in works.  When I view one of the XML documents in
the examples\xmlspec folder and click the "to PDF" icon I receive "XSL:FO
transformation error:could not load stylesheet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException".  If I try the same thing with
one of the XML (i.e., .dbx) files in doc\docbook, it works.

Furthermore, I have an application that currently transforms an XML document
to FO and uses the full XEP 2.75 to transform the FO to PDF.  That works,
but when I load the XML document into Spy and click the "to PDF" icon I get
the "could not load stylesheet" message.  And when I first generate the FO
explicitly, then click "to PDF" while viewing it in Spy, the PDF is
generated, but it lacks the fonts that I've added to XEP 2.75 full, even
though I've added them to the appropriate directories of the plugin and
modified fonts.xml as usual.

Can you tell us just what the limitations of the plug-in are?

Regards,

Richard R. Liu
Gundeldingerstr. 171
4053 Basel