[xep-support] Questions about XEP

Andreasson Christoffer christoffer.andreasson at consultant.volvo.com
Wed Jul 10 06:43:01 PDT 2002

Hello,

I'm working on a project that is using xsl-fo, but we haven't decided what renderer to use.

We have downloaded your evaluation version of XEP and it seems fine. However, I have some questions about your product I was hoping you could answer.

Performance:
The documents that are to be processed are about 2000 pages. 800 - 1000 Images will be included. It's TIF images of reasonable size. The content accomodating the pictures will be text presented as tables. Can your product handle document of this size? Have you an estimation of the time it would take XEP to produce such a document?

Fonts:
How does it work with fonts. We're using Arial for the catalogue. Is systemfonts used or are fonts shipped with the product?

Images:
We will be using TIF images. I understand that you only support tif images made with RGB colors for the moment. Will the support be extended?

Background images:
We might need to use an image to represent a table. This is because we want the borders of the table to fill the whole page even if only one row is present. Can this be done in XEP?

Regards
/Christoffer Andreasson