[xep-support] Characters not appearing

Wendell Piez wapiez at mulberrytech.com
Thu Jul 4 09:09:39 PDT 2002

Hi,

I've been trying out RenderX over the last couple of weeks, and am quite
happy with it.

I do have one problem, however, with a solution in mind, but I don't know
if it's the best one.

My XML source contains some characters that don't appear in the PDF output,
since they don't appear in the base font.

Do I have to find a way to switch fonts to get, e.g. the "right arrow"
(x2192) character to appear? The file symbol.fo in the distribution shows
me examples of this.

If I can avoid it, I'd like not to have to introduce wrapper elements into
the source to hang a font specification on. But I will if I have to.

I'd be grateful for any confirmation of this, or suggestion of an easier way.

Thanks!
Wendell

Wendell Piez                            mailto:wapiez at mulberrytech.com