[xep-support] Performance when generating a book with 1000 pages

Matthias Kammermann matthias.kammermann at sphinx.co.at
Thu Jul 4 07:08:43 PDT 2002

Dear Sir,

we are a software and consulting company located in Vienna, Austria.
At the moment, I am working on a project for a customer
who wants to automate the generation of a PDF file from data stored in an
Oracle database.
Our proposed solution is to use XML technology,
extracting the relational data into a XML file
and converting it to a PDF file.

Now I am evaluating various XSL-FO rendering engines.

Could you please answer my following questions:

 -  The book produced contains about 1000 pages in format A5,
    where 200 of them are 4 different indexes.
    Do you see any performance problems if we use XEP ?
    How much memory should the machine have ?

 -  Is it possible to integrate XEP in our Java code ?

Thank you very much,
with best regards

Matthias Kammermann