[xep-support] SVG support

Nikolai Grigoriev grig at renderx.com
Tue Jan 29 15:42:10 PST 2002

Uwe,

> 1. To what extent are you planning to support SVG in the next release?

Not decided yet. Will depend on too many circumstances. Most probably,
we will add text and font operations and (maybe) gradient filling.

> 2. Will SVGC ("C" stands for commpressed I have been told...) be supported?

No, we don't plan to do it ourselves: if we have spare development resources,
we'd rather support some MathML :-). However, we can add a capability
to select a custom SAX parser for standalone SVG images: once you find
a parser that converts SVGC to a sequence of SAX events, you will be able
to plug it into XEP.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev