[xep-support] default bookmark pane behavior

David Cramer david_cramer at broadjump.com
Mon Jan 14 17:45:53 PST 2002

Hi there,
We use the docbook xsl stylesheets to generate our fo docs, which use
the rx:bookmark extension. I've noticed that when I use xep to generate
a pdf directly, the pdf opens with the bookmark pane opened. In acrobat,
you control this with File->Document Info->Open->Bookmarks and Page.
However, when I open a pdf generated from a xep-generated .ps file, the
pdf opens with the bookmark pane closed. Furthermore, in both cases, the
pdfs come out with "Hide after use" set for the bookmark pane (Right
click in bookmark pane and select/deselect "Hide after use").

Is there a way to control these options either from xep or ghostscript?
We would prefer by default to have the document open with the bookmark
pane open and have the bookmark pane remain open after clicking on a
bookmark.

Thanks,
David