[xep-support] fo:list-block Automatic Numbering

Darren Munt darrenm at ardex.com.au
Tue Apr 6 01:47:00 PDT 2021

Is there a function or processing instruction in XEP I can use to automatically number items in a list block? The number sequence is determined only by the fo:list-item elements that exist within the block. I don't have an XML structure I can use to determine it using xsl:number or position(). The renderer would have to determine the item number based on it's position within the list-block and then supply the correct value in the output. I couldn't find anything so I suspect not, but just on the off chance I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Eg something like this:

<fo:list-block>
                <fo:list-item>
                                <fo:list-item-label>