[xep-support] PDF output is not created

Darren Munt darrenm at ardex.com.au
Tue Feb 11 23:20:05 PST 2020

I'm having a problem with an XEP installation that has been working previously but seems to be now having an issue.

The generation process seems to work OK in that there are no errors reported, but the resulting PDF is 0kb in size. I have compared the log output from a recent execution with one done a couple of weeks ago when it was working fine. The only difference I can see is that the last few log lines are missing from the recent one. These lines exist in the successful log but not in the bad one:

event page-number 1
event page-number 2
event page-number 3
event page-number 4
closeState generate

The failed run stops at this line:

event output-format pdf

Can you give me any suggestions on why it might be falling over now? Cliser is running under the System Account so I don't think it's file permissions.