[xep-support] Re: Links around image

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Mon Aug 6 10:40:33 PDT 2018

I would note that this subject has been discussed many times in history.

There is another one on XEP support in past history also.

The real answer is that (IMHO) either behavior according to the specification is likely correct.
Of course, logic tells you what you think you want but the way the Specification is worded is not clear, or perhaps to some is clear enough that only allows what RenderX does (although it goes against logic and what one may expect).
That whole discussion goes further as to what happens with markers in the link, or footnotes or other links inside the link.

The workaround solution presented below and here http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/1157.html
is the only one. There is no "fix" for that because of all the other issues pointed out in all those threads.

Kevin Brown