[xep-support] Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: fillbuf error

Eric J. Schwarzenbach eric.schwarzenbach at wrycan.com
Wed Sep 2 16:04:06 PDT 2015

I think she said she tried this and it failed with "Provider
com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found."

I don't have experience with IXIASOFT and it has been a while since I've
used the DITA-OT, but I'm surprised anyone is using either Aelfred or
Crimson. Both parsers are quite old...I don't think either has been
developed or updated in well over a decade. The JDK has a more up to
date parser in it already. Maybe try replacing your

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.icl.saxon.aelfred.SAXParserFactoryImpl

with

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

which should tell it to use the JDK's built in parser. That parser is a
version of Apache Xerces. Personally I would use the latest Xerces, but
that would require knowing how to install it into your IXIASOFT/DITA-OT
environment, and the JDK version of it is probably fine.