[xep-support] Unable to prevent background repeat across page/column

Remko de Hoop RdHoop at HorlingsEnEerbeek.nl
Thu Oct 8 08:44:27 PDT 2015

Hello,

We are having a problem with unwanted repeating of a background image when a block spans a column or a page. Is there any way to disable this?

The offending block:

                <fo:block background-image="url(20.jpg)"
                            rx:background-content-width="20mm"
                            rx:background-content-height="20mm"
                            rx:background-scaling="uniform"
                            background-repeat="no-repeat"
                            margin-left="0mm"
                            padding-left="2mm"
                            space-before="11pt">

The version of xep used: XEP 4.21 build 20121114

For an example of the resulting repeat, see page two of the pdf.

If this block continues in the next column on the page, or just onto the next page, the background image is repeated. I provided an extremely simplified stylesheet, datasource and resulting pdf with this e-mail.

I hope anyone can help, we already tried to let the block only wrap the title and first paragraph instead of all the paragraphs. This reduces the number of times the problem occurs but does not eliminate it. The generated pdf will normally contain a multitude of articles so there will always be a paragraph somewhere that will continue into the next column or page. Thus for simplification, my example wraps all paragraphs.

If anybody has a solution that prevents the repeating, I would be very happy to learn how that can be done.

Kind regards,

Remko de Hoop

Horlings & Eerbeek Automatisering B.V.
Industrieweg 24
3401 MA IJsselstein
Tel. 030-2468777
Fax. 030-2467610

www.horlingseneerbeek.nl<http://www.horlingseneerbeek.nl/>
RdHoop at HorlingsEnEerbeek.nl<mailto:RdHoop at HorlingsEnEerbeek.nl>